Wednesday, August 20, 2008

First Day of Thunderbird


He was 2nd in the Baby Green under saddle - there were 23 entered. He was called back to hack some more, sounds as though they split the class, or held some. I will find out later.

I'm getting my news via text. Morgan's phone doesn't work at the show (his phone doesn't work at a lot of the shows!) so Becca is texting me what is going on. Doncha' love technology? I would go insane if I had to wait until all was done and Morgan was in the one spot in the parking lot at the hotel that seems to have reception for his carrier. Today it was at 7am when he called. I was already awake and up, because my fire/smoke alarm went off, I turned it off, Brink's called and they were going to try and stop the fire department from showing up. They didn't manage to do that, there was a knock at the door and there was the Kent Fire department. Boy did I feel stupid. I'm probably going to get charged for a false alarm. I have to get the thing fixed now.

Apparently the rain was distracting for Pip. He has never even worked outside in the rain. I'm sure he will be sending letters to the ASPCA and PETA telling them that he was abused having to jump at a show in the, *gasp*, rain. Oy. I'm guessing from the text that he was not stellar over the jumps. Oh well, it is tough being 4.

Tomorrow he has three over fences classes, the low for his height and two Baby Greens. It is supposed to rain tomorrow too. Guess he will have to learn to deal with it. Poor Punkin'.

More stuff - they had to evacuate the stabling yesterday because someone on a Bobcat hit a gas line and broke it! So all of our horses were removed from the stabling and were hanging out on the other side of the show grounds attached to people. Pip was with our groom and his friends. Bob had his stallion, Tilly was with Molly, Bug was with Becca and Oliver was with Morgan. Holy Cow! Line was fixed and horses went back to their stalls.

No comments: